There are few things in life that I’m as certain about as I am that the 2nd Amendment applies as much, if not more, today than it did the day the Bill of Rights were ratified a couple of hundred years ago.
Our forefathers couldn’t even imagine the horror and killing and carnage that dictators and tyrants were capable of inflicting upon their own people. The 20th Century saw more genocidal killings than any such period in world history; almost 100,000,000 human lives stolen (one hundred million, think about that number), murdered in one century.How much stronger would our 2nd Amendment look had the founding fathers even imagined how barbaric societies would become? Click To Tweet
The purpose of the 2nd Amendment was made as clear as could be, and there is no gray area; it was set in place to ensure that no dictator (like the tyrant shown to the left) could ever destroy democracy and freedom in the United States.
It didn’t account, however, for the progressive cancer inflicting our nation.
The right to keep and bear arms was not just for hunting or for home defense… it was quite literally for the citizenry to have the capability to repel or overthrow an abusive government. The aim of this amendment isn’t even in debate by serious Constitutional scholars.
For centuries, literally, educated people have known that it’s human nature that causes corruption and which gives rise to dictators and tyrants… it happens time and time again, yet OUR progressives think that they are so smart that they can put a stop to all that. Right… gottcha.
Never mind what common sense tells us. Never mind the truths that history has taught us. Never mind what our forefathers warned us about and made every effort to prevent. Nope, not with these super-smart-ultra-brilliant-enlightened progressives… they’re just so damned smart.
In 1803, analyzing and reflecting on the 2nd Amendment, St. George Tucker, a lawyer and scholar at the College of William and Mary, wrote that:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep, and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Amendments to C. U. S. Art. 4. This may be considered as the true palladium of liberty…. The right of self-defence is the ﬁrst law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to conﬁne this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.
See, it’s not that a ruler in power right now might try something, it’s that at some point in the future they might, once the fields are fertile enough for it to happen, which translates (for progressive readers) into ‘a time when the people can no longer defend themselves or prevent it’.
Remember when Pelosi had the audacity to appear in solidarity with the poor, helpless, unarmed victims in Tiananmen Square who were mercilessly and brutally killed by their own government?
Yet here she is today in lock-step with her power-grabbing socialist comrades, willing and trying to disarm YOU so that YOU could be in a similar boat someday, or your children, or grandchildren.
Is that the legacy that we’re leaving future Americans, after everything that was handed to us? What a crying shame.
Why The Second Amendment Applies Today
More than probably ever before in our nation’s history, our rights and liberties are under attack from the fanatical and power-hungry progressives who want to control and / or limit everything, with one purpose… to keep you in check and to ensure their own power.
It’s the very thing that lures dictators to the throne and it’s the clearest of all signals that something is wrong. Will Americans listen to the sound of Liberty’s bell? From the sound of he Soy Boy cries from the far left you would have to think that no, many Americans don’t perceive the real threat to our nation, and its future.
At the very moment that NYC allowed a law to be passed which “dictated” the maximum size of soft drink that could be sold in retail establishments, the beginning of the end was signaled. It was the first clear sign that progressive followers are as numb and blind as were Hitlers, or any of the dictators who rose to power, really.
Yes, the law was repealed by a court of law… NOT the people who should’ve been up in arms, who keep re-electing these dimwit power-grabbers.
These progressives are so quick to argue that in this day and age (of super-smart progressives) we don’t need to defend ourselves, that the 2nd Amendment doesn’t apply any more. Right, gottcha.
Let’s have a look at just some of dictators who have brutally murdered and killed their own people during, say, just the last 100 years.
Millions… let that sink in… MILLIONS of defenseless citizens killed, raped, and tortured at the the hands of their own corrupt leaders.
According to best estimates, at the hands of brutal dictators during the 20th century over 100,000,000 people were unimaginably, brutally, raped, tortured and murdered… at the hands of people who should’ve been protecting them.
Many of these you’ve maybe never even heard of if you’re one of the many young progressives who think life is a rainbow if we all just “get along”.
- Kim Il Sung – North Korea ruler 46 years (1948-1994) and caused at least 1.5 million deaths, his legacy continues today still.
- Ho Chi Minh (really Nguyen Tat Thanh) Vietnamese dictator from 1945 to 1969 – murdered at minimum 1 of every 160 villagers in his famous progressive “rent reduction” campaign. He really loved his fellow Vietnamese citizens.
- Mengistu Haile Mariam – Ethiopian dictator from 1974 – 1991 – according to Amnesty International he killed over 1/2 million citizens in his Red Terror massacre.
- Enver Pasha – One of the 3 Pashas of The Ottoman Empire (Turkey) – Led from 1908 – 1918 in different capacities – Oversaw the killing of millions, including the Armenian Genocide. Upwards of 1 million Armenians were killed brutally by the jealous and religiously intolerant muslims who no longer wanted the Christian infidels living in their country. The Armenians had been living in Anatolia (now Turkey) long before the Ottomans were even a thought. Many young Armenian girls were raped brutally and then crucified on a cross in mockery of their Christian faith. See the photo at the bottom of this list. Yes, muslims, the peace-loving group that progressives love to love.
- Yahya Khan – Terrorist Dictator who ruled Pakistan from 1969 – 1071 and oversaw the horrendous genocide in Bangladesh during a nine-month-long Bangladesh war for independence. Highlighting his barbaric nature and lack of love for his countrymen, he ordered and allowed the Pakistani military and its supporting Islamist militias from Jamaat e Islami to kill an estimated 3,000,000 citizens and rape between 200,000 and 400,000 Bangladeshi women.
- Hideki Tojo – Japanese Prime Minister 1941 – 1944 and Chief of Staff over military from 1937 – Hanged for war crimes and is responsible for unspeakable atrocities against his own people and especially Chinese, where he’s accused of killing millions and millions of Chinese, mostly horribly.
- Vladimir Lenin – Russian dictator from 1917 – 1924 – While under the guise of civil war (really the Red Terror), upwards to 1/2 million were killed under his watch, many executed as political dissidents.
- Chiang Kai-shek – Leader in China from 1928 – 1949 – accused of killing close to 10 million human beings! Let that number sink in.
- Pol Pot – Leader of the Khmer Rouge and Communist dictator of Cambodia who from 1975 to 1979 oversaw the killing and unspeakable torture of millions of his own people!
- Adolph Hitler – Chancellor of Germany from 1933 – 1945 and directly responsible for the deaths of millions of his own citizens who happen to be Jewish, and millions upon millions more through his rules and orders.
- Joseph Stalin – Communist dictator who led the Soviet Union from the late 1920’s until his death in 1953. It is widely held that he killed 20 million dissidents, opponents, allies, friends, family, politicians, clergy… he didn’t care. As if that weren’t enough, including the civilian and military deaths from World War 2 that number doubles to almost 40 million human beings killed at the whim of one single, solitary mad man.
- Idi Amin – Tyrant President of Uganda from 1972 – 1979 who was responsible for about 250,000 deaths. His reign of terror was highlighted by executions, torture and ethnic persecution. I guess like a lot of these dictators, he didn’t feel like we could “all live together peacefully”. But hey, let’s keep letting these Muslims into our country, even though they despise us and our way of life… western progressives to the rescue.
- Francisco Franco – General and tyrant who led Spain from 1939 – 1975. Let the reign of “White Terror” from 1936 – 1945 and brutally murdered up to 400,000 innocent people.
- Augusto Pinochet – General and Dictator of Chile from 1973 – 1990 and responsible for Operation Condor in which political dissidents were tortured and murdered. Some estimates suggest that he and his thugs murdered 2,300 Chilean citizens for daring to speak out or oppose him. And people wonder why so much ado was made about Obama abusing the IRS’ power and targeting conservative dissidents… doesn’t it sound eerily familiar this trend of the progressive left? Yikes.
- Saddam Hussein – Dictator of Iraq from 1979 – 2003 and responsible for countless human rights violations and brutalities, and the deaths of almost 1/2 million of his own people, and progressive minions have the audacity to claim that we shouldn’t have been there; as if we don’t have a responsibility to help others who are being so brutalized. Of course, it’s usually the snot-nosed, know-it-all progressive kid who has never served his nation or done anything for anyone else, who has such a remark. His freedom and comfort and safety… it’s free, didn’t you know.
- Francois Duvalier (aka Papa Doc) – ruled from 1957 to 1971 – Haitian dictator who brutally murdered and abused his own people. Nearly 30,000 Haitians are estimated to have been grotesquely and brutally assassinated and thousands more fled the country leaving everything in fear for their lives.
- Charles Taylor – Tyrannical President of Liberia from 1997 until his resignation in 2003 – Lined his pockets with Blood Diamonds as he ordered his troops to crush citizens in the Sierra Leone Civil War by arming and training the rebels who then brutalized their nation by cutting off limbs in public and mass rapes throughout villages, and even sexual slavery of little children! He’s responsible for almost 200,000 deaths according to some. Who needs the right to self-defense?
- Mao Zedong – Communist Chinese Dictator from 1949 to 1976 – Widely held as the biggest mass murderer in human history. Said to have killed by brutality and torture some 60 million people, mostly his own Chinese citizens, especially during the “progressive” era dubbed the “Great Leap Forward” ( from 1958 through 1961). Some 45 million of his own people starved to death alone! Yes, progress is a beautiful thing… to these idiots.
- Bashar Alassad – Syrian President from 2000 to present, has led what has turned out to be a bloody crack-down on his own people, leading to some 200,000 deaths. While its difficult to distinguish between ISIS and Alassad led deaths, the outcome is terror for a people who cannot do anything about it but flee, the exact thing our forefathers wanted to arm us against.
- Fidel Castro – Communist Dictator in Cuba from 1956 to 2006, was responsible for unimaginable oppression of his own people, and thousands of outright murders. The exact numbers of deaths attributed to him are sketchy due to the extremely closed nature of his leadership.
- Rafael Trujillo – or better known as El Jefe, ruled the Dominican Republic from 1930 until his assassination in 1961. I’m sure that progressives like Obama love this guy’s famous quote: “He who does not know how to deceive does not know how to rule.” Estimated to have the blood of 50,000 citizens on his hands.
- Efrain Rios Montt – Brutal President of Guatemala from 1982 to 1983 – Amnesty International reports that 10,000 indigenous Guatemalans (Mayans) were killed by execution or torture during this time and thousands upon thousands of farmers and others citizens had to flee the country to Mexico for their survival.
- Mengistu Haile Mariam – Communist leader of Ethiopia from 1974 until 1991 and head of “The Derg” – Began his self-proclaimed ‘Red Terror’ in 1976, killed many thousands of his own brothers and sisters, like a good power-hungry dictator, and did the unimaginable as he watched idly by as one million of his people starved to death in famine.
- Josip Broz Tito – Absolutely brutal communist dictator of Yugoslavia from 1945 to 1980 – Over 500,000 souls perished at the evil hands of this thug and his murder squads.
- Jean Kambanda – Prime Minister of Rwanda from April 9, 1994 through July 19, 1994 during the 100 day long 1994 Rwandan Genocide, where 500,000 – 1,000,000 people were slaughtered in what is known as the genocide against the Tutsi… 70% of the Tutsi were murdered and this turd is the only head of state to ever please guilty to genocide.
- Foday Sankoh – Leader of the Sierra Leone rebel group Revolutionary United Front (RUF) during the 11-year-long Sierra Leone Civil War, which started in 1991 and ended in 2002. Brutalized (literally) thousands upon thousands. His guerrillas cut off limbs and lips, raped little girls and killed entire families, forcing the young men to fight for them. Absolutely horrendous how the world watches while this crap takes place. Of course these people were unarmed an unable to do anything… ALWAYS the case with the poor victims of these power-hungry politicians (know any in America?).
- Hissène Habré – Leader of Chad from 1982 to 1990 and had the support of many nations including the U.S. and France due to proximity to Libya, Habré was found guilty of human-rights abuses, including rape, sexual slavery and ordering the killing of 40,000 people, mostly dissidents.
- Jorge Videla – President of Argentina from 1976 to 1981 – Charged and convicted of Crimes Against Humanity and Large Scale Human Rights Violations, including kidnappings, widespread torture and killing of activists and dissidents (as well as their families), many were held at secret concentration camps. Upwards of 30,000 Argentinians vanished during this period. Videla was also convicted of stealing newborn babies and giving them as gifts or selling them. Imagine being unable to defend your family.
There are many more killing tyrants and dictators who have cursed the 20th Century with bloodshed, but this gives you an idea of why, exactly, America was designed in such a way that, progressives notwithstanding, no American would ever have to taste the agony of death or torture at the hands of their own representatives and leaders.
How can progressives dare dismiss a person’s right to self-defense in the face of so much evil in just the last 100 years? It’s absolutely sickening.
George Orwell, a fan favorite around here, has this beautiful quote that I love for its insight:
Much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don’t even know that fire is hot.
In 2008 the U.S. Supreme Court, in what is widely known as the Heller case, ruled that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense.
The late Justice Antonin Scalia wrote this summary interpretation:
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home …. it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms.
In America millions upon millions of armed patriots can and will stand and fight for our nation, our people and our rights. Good luck to the schmuck who tries to disarm us.
Yes, the 2nd Amendment does still apply in the United States, and more than ever before.
Watch Bill Whittle explain how silly it is to disarm or de-claw the citizenry in his virtual State of the Union address.
Do you agree that the 2nd Amendment still applies to America today?